Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Adieu Kaun Banega Crorepati 2010 !

 Kaun Banega Crorepati (KBC) 2010 came to an end on Thursday 9 Dec.2010.
This was one program that was fully in keeping with the Uses And Gratification Theory of Mass Communication.It was Popular, Useful and served the Actual Need of the society.
My husband and I watched almost all the episodes of KBC 2010. We particularly watched  this week's episodes. And therefore it is really sad that we missed seeing Anil Kapoor.
The last day, I mean Thursday 9th Dec.'10 was a hit. I finished all my chores fast so that we could watch Dharmendra. But just as the super hero made his entry, a small mouse appeared from nowhere into our drawing room and made a dash at me.Desperate to drive it away, we immediately plunged into action with a broom and other things. But the mouse was much too fast. Finally, my husband threw his broom away and told me to sit quietly and watch the program. "The poor creature must be feeling cold outside." And so we watched Dharmendra and Amitabh Bachchan and relived the magic of Chupke Chupke and Sholay. My husband proved right. We did not see the mouse afterwords. Thus, "All is Well", I guess. It was also nice to watch the dancing sensation Madhuri Dixit. One thing is for sure. A happy face is always a pleasant thing to watch. (I must remember this, I suppose.)
 I  also enjoyed the way the experts guided the participants.Each expert was nice, helpful, relaxed and friendly.
The participants this time were truly an  'aam admi' (ordinary man). And yet they were not so ordinary. These participants had the courage to ascend the Hot Seat and face the mighty Amitabh Bachchan , more so India at large.
Imagine sitting on the Hot Seat in full view of the country and not answering the simplest question In which film did the song Kajrare Kajrare feature? And that was the second question. I wonder how the guy felt when he was told that the man opposite him had danced in that famous song of Bunti Aur Babli. Not just that, the song had set the entire county  into a frenzy. It was played during Wedding Processions, Birthday Parties and all important functions and events. But the participant who was a Coaching Sir had probably been very busy with his challenges.But still, I do marvel at the fact that he continued and gave answers to some very difficult questions later on. Rahat Taslim, the woman who won 1 crore, was indeed great. So pretty, so well behaved and so knowledgeable.
There were some real interesting moments. Like for example, when a lady in true earnestness said to the mighty Bachchan that she had only liked his film 'Saudagar' featuring him and Padma Khanna. Little realizing that it could hurt the actor's sentiments. Of course, Saudagar was a good movie of the 70's with a strong theme and  plot. But Amitabh Bachchan took it well.
Anyway, it is easy to laugh at others faux pas. As my husband says, " You will be a total disaster there." He could well be right.

No comments:

Post a Comment