Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 29, 2009

26/11

One year has passed since the ghastly attack in Mumbai. We lost so many lives.

My brother rang up today as to why I had not commented so far. I said to him," I have no words". I really don't know how to console actor Ashish Chowdhary who lost his sister and brother-in-law in the dastardly attack. I don't know how to console the brave wives of the police officers who died fighting the terrorists. Nor do I have the courage to say comforting words to late Maj. Unnikrishanan's parents. The late Major's father has rightly said that brave men like Shahid Bhagat Singh should be born in neighbour's house.

I have done a lot of thinking in this regard and over the last one year. I have asked myself repeatedly, what I would have done as a politician, a lawyer or for that matter as a judge. And the answer I get is that I would have been worse. I would have also tried to be very just, objective and fair! Thus delaying justice and making true the famous adage-Justice delayed is justice undone. I think, we Indians have too much of Dharmaraj (Yudhishthir) in us. When will we come out of 'this' is the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment