Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Kolkata Metro. Indore BRTS.




Back in late 70's & early 80's, I was a witness to Kolkata (earlier Calcutta) metro development. The Alexandra Court, where I resided with my parents, was right on the road where metro work was going on. As a young girl, I wondered how the work would get accomplished despite wet soil, traffic,trams, buses, etc. Looking back now, I really don't remember any serious accident taking place then.
Last few years I am in Indore. The BRTS work is in full swing. And I find it all very cumbersome  Even if a small city as compared to Kolkata & the other metros, the traffic problem does persist. And then this digging everywhere! Gosh, it's really getting difficult day by day. Besides, everyday some new problem crops up. Not to forget, the several  unauthorized religious places that are obstructing the work flow.
Who is to be blamed... the authorities or the public? God only knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment