Total Pageviews

Monday, April 11, 2011

World Cup. And now Lokpal Bill...I Am Loving It India!

India winning the World Cup 2011 was such a good thing. I mean, it was the best thing that could have happened. Just a day prior to the Finals, an acquaintance of mine sent me an SMS saying, "2011 and 1983 calenders are alike. And so maybe we will win the World Cup". And sure we did. But let's be honest. The victory was more due to brilliant team work, team spirit and par- excellence captaincy of Dhoni. Thus, all these days I was basking in that happiness!
And now there is something more that has enlivened my spirits. Anna Hazare's single handed fight for bringing in the Lokpal Bill. Guys, if the Bill gets passed, it will be the best thing possible. I would love to see the corrupt ministers behind the bars. Really, I have read so much about Mahatma Gandhi and his non-violent ways...Not to forget Charles Dickens "A Tale of Two Cities" which is based on the famous 1789 French Revolution. A powerful movement wherein the masses toopled the monarchy that had suppressed them for very  long.
And today, it is all happening before my eyes.The men on the streets have gathered together to fight for what is right. Anna Hazare has shown us the way. It is a great beginning! I now await for the Monsoon Session of the Parliament when the Bill will be passed in all likelihood.
Long Live Anna Hazare!

No comments:

Post a Comment