Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Field Marshal Manekshaw ( Society -India)

My salute to the great soldier!

I was probably in class seventh when the Indo -Pak war broke out. The year was 1971.

My father( who is at the moment sick and in ICU), had this habit of reading aloud good passages from magazines and books. And it was at that time that he read out some words that the General had said to his soldiers at the outset of the war. The words were something like this-"when naughty thoughts come to your mind put your hands in the pocket". Of course I was too young to understand the significance. But, because I was a great fan of Dad, I stored the words in my mind just as I did with other valuable quotes. Today I understand the significance of the words. This may be because I am a woman?

No comments:

Post a Comment