Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Human Dignity.

At my age, If I say, I have never been humiliated would be a downright lie!

Yes, there have been difficult moments when the other person took advantage of his rank, position, social status, money or just plain luck to hurt me. And the hurt was much more than the mistake made. But then, if it was a job I was luckier than some. This I must admit! For I have quit whenever I felt miserable. Basically, because I have never been the main earning member. And also because I was never in a job that that had a bond.

Naturally therefore, I felt that there was much more than what was reported in the case of the army jawan shooting down a junior commissioned officer and six others. Was mental torment the reason? We certainly do need to find out. Of course, I do agree that an offence is an offence. And in this case, about seven people have lost their lives. But even then, the possibility of a long time hurt, needs to be probed into.

The International Code of Ethics For Public Relations clearly states in its charter the need, "to pay due regard to, and uphold, human dignity...'' This is what I feel. I could be wrong, and I could be right. It is the judgement alone that will tell.

Supposing it is mental torment, my advice to the youngsters( just as to my children) would be to work steadfast and rise like the'DhruvTara'-the pole star and reach where no one can displace or insult you. Violence leads to no solution.

Indeed, At such times I remember "Gulliver Travels" where tiny and small lilliputians are shown to be so cruel. Well, cruelty has always been a streak of human beings I guess!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Ma`m..
    It was really a blog full of your hidden treasure called "Experince".But ma`m i want to ask what if the situations go completly diffrent??i mean i am not thinking negative but ma`m how can we prepare for the worst then??I heared a story when teacher asked to shorten a line drawn on a board,every one comes and rub the given line but the only boy came and draws a line bigger then the given line and got appriciation,i want to became that boy...but ma`m its not possible now a days likewise you have to dominate or rather i should say jump onto others to reach till you destiny.Now as a expericed mentor ma`m i want to ask you that in this sitution should we stick onto our basics morals or just be a sheep and follow others blindly??

    i`l b waiting for your reply ma`m,

    one of your student,
    Sandesh
    (E.M.R.C)
    Sandesh_mahajan15@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete